Recipe by Mom2J&A
Hubby loves vegetable beef soup so I went searching for a recipe. After finding a couple that I liked I experimented and came up with this. Serve with homemade bread and it is a filling meal on a cold winter night. Cook time does not reflect crock pot cooking time.
Top Review by awwright82
The soup came out very tasty and was easy to prepare. It is very hardy! It was however a bit thick so I think next time I will only cook it for six hours or add a bit more water.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder