Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I usually triple this recipe for my family cause it is a goody. Freezes well, too.
Top Review by SallyD Douglas
I tried this recipe last night - it was fantastic! I used chicken instead of beef, and also used low-fat ricotta and tasty cheese. Served with a salad and a lovely glass of wine, it was an absolute winner. I will be making again!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) jarcommercial pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and onion; cook over medium-high heat until beef is no-longer pink; stir often and crumble beef while cooking; drain well.
- Add in 1/2 cup pasta sauce; stir to combine.
- Take skillet off of burner.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pasta sauce in an ungreased 8-inch square glass baking pan.
- In a bowl, add egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and 3/4 cup mozzarella; stir to mix.
- Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture, spinach leaves, and beef mixture over each lasagna noodle.
- Beginning with the short side, loosely roll each noodle.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top rollups with remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Take off foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2-4 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.