I had these grit fritters at Bone's in Atlanta. They are rich and creamy and easy to make. I found the original recipe online at http://www.americascuisine.com/dynamic/dsp_recipeDetail.cfm/recipeId/93/category/appetizers/city/atlanta Bone's serves them as a side item without the sauce. Try these at home - you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
grit ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil, slowly stir in grits and cook for 6-8 minutes until very thick.
- 2Remove from heat and let cook, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in herb Boursin cheese and place mixture in refrigerator until cold and still.
- 4Roll into 1 ounce balls, set aside. (I used a large pampered chef scoop).
- 5Combine milk and eggs for egg wash.
- 6Dip grits fritters into the following: flour, egg wash, then breadcrumbs.
- 7Fry in oil until golden brown (approx 3-5 minutes).
- 8Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grit Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 218.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: