Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from Xinjiang Province in the northwest corner of China. A land populated by the Uighur people who are Muslims of Turkic descent and carry with them culinary traditions rooted in ancient Middle Eastern techniques.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg with the cornstarch in a large bowl. Toss in the lamb so that all the cubes are coated, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal or gas grill and oil the grill grates. Dry-roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a skillet over medium heat just until you smell the spices aroma; be careful not to let them burn.
- 3Then immediately remove the skillet from the heat and let cool. In a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder, grind the seeds into a coarse powder.
- 4Mix the powder with the salt and chili powder until well combined.
- 5Thread 5 cubes of lamb onto each skewer and rub the spice mixture all over the meat. Brush the tops of the skewers with the oil.
- 6Grill the skewers until they are crusty and brown on the outside and medium-rare on the inside. Serve the kebabs with a side of yogurt for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Xinjiang Lamb Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g