Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Healthy home made pizza. Low Gi. This recipe makes two 11-inch pizzas.
Make and share this Grilled Vegetable Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 ounce sachet dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
Grilled Vegetable Topping
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 3 1⁄2 ounces grilled bell peppers, patted dry with paper towel, cut into thin strips
- 2 1⁄2 ounces drained marinated artichoke hearts, cut into thin wedges
- 2 1⁄2 grilled eggplants, patted dry with paper towel cut into thin strips
- 2 1⁄4 ounces bocconcini, thinly sicked
- 1⁄4 cup picked basil leaves, crumbled
- To make the pizza crust, place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and use a flat-bladed knife to mix until just combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a light oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays.
- Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays.
- Spread the base with pesto, top with the pepper, artichoke, eggplant and bocconcini.
- Bake the pizzas, turning the trays halfway through cooking for 15-20 minute, or until the top are golden and the bases are crisp.