Grilled Vegetable Pizza
This recipe is adapted from one posted by Crisco Olive Oil. I changed it to make it more like one I get from a local pizza place....my guilty pleasure! I'm not good with making anything with "dough", so I use a pre-made pizza crust, but feel free to make your own!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 11 inches pizza crusts (I like Boboli)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3 baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, depending on how much you like red onions!)
- 2⁄3 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips, then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved, preferably kalamati olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh herb, chopped (I like basil, but you can use a mix)
- 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces italian cheese blend cheese, shredded
- Spray your cookie sheet lightly with no stick cooking spray.
- Combine the olive oil and minced garlic and brush onto both sides of the pizza crust.
- Place the pizza crust (not on the pan) on a medium hot grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn it over and cook another minute. Remove it to the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle italian cheese blend over the crust, then top with the roasted garlic cloves, vegetables and olives. Top with the feta cheese. (you can reduce the amount of feta if you are not a huge feta fan).
- Place the crust back on the grill and close the cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the cheeses are melted.
- Remove and sprinkle with your choice of chopped herbs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used a whole grain tortilla for the crust because I was the only one eating this and scaled back the veggies accordingly. I really enjoyed it! Loved the marinated artichokes, used kalamata olives, and couldn't find my feta(must have used it up), so used goat's cheese. Great! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag.Reply