Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Posting because food.com needs yet another recipe for Turkey Reubens.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sriracha chili-garlic sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 5 -6 ounces gruyere cheese or 5 -6 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces roasted turkey, sliced
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained well and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- Whisk together mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce in a small bowl until blended.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with this mixture.
- Dividing evenly, top four of the bread slices with half of the cheese, turkey, and sauerkraut.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices, coated sides down.
- Place butter and oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold all four sandwiches.
- Place over medium heat.
- When butter melts, add sandwiches.
- Cook, pressing down gently with a metal spatula, until the bread is golden brown and cheese has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add more butter and oil if needed.