Grilled Split Kielbasa Reubens With Warm Mustard Sauerkraut
photo by CarrieQuiteContrary
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sack sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup beer or 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 1⁄4 lbs kielbasa (1 folded link)
- 1⁄8 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices marbled rye bread
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper relish
- Preheat griddle pan to medium-high heat.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat.
- Mix sauerkraut, beer or cider, and mustard in small skillet and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut kielbasa into 4 portions and split sausage pieces in half, opening them up.
- Grill the sausages on hot griddle until crispy on both sides, about 7-8 minutes total.
- Wipe some of the grease off the griddle and drop heat to low.
- Lightly butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Build butter-side out sandwiches out of grilled kielbasa, sauerkraut, and 2 slices of cheese; spread the top of each sandwich with red pepper relish before setting in place.
- Grill the sandwich on griddle until crispy.
- Cut and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a busy 25 year old graduate student from Minnesota close to finishing up my MSE in school counseling. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes when I have spare time. In addition to cooking, I enjoy traveling and being outdoors. I also love preparing and entertaining for game/movie nights, cocktail parties, and BBQ's with friends.