Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Tender grilled tuna steaks topped with lemon-pepper butter. From the Deen Brother's Y'all Come Eat cookbook.
Top Review by Mscookieb63
I have made this now a handful of times. Making it again tonight. I had never had tuna steaks before so hubby talked me into it and this was the recipe I used for my first time trying tuna steaks. We loved it! Serve over rice with some steamed broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside (or chill if not using immediately).
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat and lightly oil the grate (or preheat a broiler). Brush oil on both sides of tuna steaks. Season the tuno on both sides with salt and additional pepper. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning once.
- Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter; top with the butter mixture.