Recipe by GiddyUpGo
This is a delicious, simple and healthy recipe for grilled ahi tuna steaks. If you're in a hurry you can skip marinading them for one hour and just cover them with the sauce and place them directly on the grill. You can cook these steaks on your barbecue or on a George Forman grill, or even on your stovetop. Good tuna should be purchased fresh and cooked so it is still pink in the middle -- just like a steak.
- 6 tuna steaks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, shallots, chili powder, cumin and salt. Mix well.
- Place tuna fillets in a large resealable bag.
- Pour marinade in bag and work it around until the steaks are covered. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spray your grill with some non-stick cooking oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook on high heat. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side (4 to 5 minutes total if using a George Forman grill) or until they reach the desired doneness (they should still be pink in the middle).
- Serve with remaining cilantro.