Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I cooked these about 4 minutes on each side. It turned out very nice. Cook to your liking.
Make and share this Grilled Tuna Steak With Worcestershire recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- Combine all sauce ingredients together; set aside.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt.
- Coat with ground black pepper.
- Grill the tuna over a hot charcoal grill, cooking each side for 2 minutes.
- Arrange on serving plates.
- Serve with the sauce on the side.
- Serve with steamed potatoes, and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
I followed Slacky5's notes and served the tuna on pasta with minced garlic, olive oil and a dash of parsley. I also added 3 tbsp of finely minced cilantro and 3 finely minced seeded cheyenne (hot) peppers. The sauce went into individual ramikins as a dipping sauce. Spicy and savory!
The tuna turned out beautifully, but the sauce wasn't quite what I expected. I think the sauce would serve well as a marinade, as the previous poster tried, but not as a stand alone sauce.
Dancer, once again you have hit the nail on the head! This is so wonderful tasting! I must say, that I actually marinated the tuna steaks in the sauce for 1 hour before I cooked it...Don't have a charcoal grill, so I cooked it on a gill-pan on my stove...Simply delicious! I served it on top of linguine that I cooked, drained and drizzled with olive oil, added minced garlic and salt...Delicious! Thank you for sharing! :)