Recipe by KimmieOH
My husband and I enjoy fresh grilled Tuna. I know what some of you may be thinking -- UGH -- Tuna like from a can -- gross -- that was my first thought when I heard the words Tuna. This is different though. This has an excellent flavor. just like grilled steak.
Top Review by CabinKat
This was absolutely wonderful tuna. We used YellowFin Tuna Steaks, (I don't recommend Albacore) and I couldn't believe how good they were. If I didn't know I was eating tuna, I'd swear it was steak. I do believe like some of the reviews that it was a bit salty, but I think it was because the Old Bay may have been a bit older than normal shelf-life. I will tell anyone who wants to enjoy a really good tuna, don't overcook it. It needs to be dark pink inside for it to be tender & flavorful. Thanks for posting!!!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lb tuna steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Olive Oil, Old Bay, Lime and Lemon Juice.
- Mix Well.
- Pour over Tuna Steaks and marinade 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make sure grill is hot – place steaks in hottest section and Sear steaks 1 to 2 minutes per side to seal in the juices.
- Finish cooking just slightly away from the hottest area – 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- My husband likes extra Old Bay on his steak so he sprinkles extra on before cooking and we also like to squeeze fresh lemon over our tuna before we eat it.