Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Central Market. Note marination time. Make ahead.
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
- peanut oil, for grilling
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Slice tofu in half lengthwise, then cut each half into two long strips, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lay tofu strips in a shallow pan and pour marinade over, turning tofu to coat. Marinade for at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Heat oil in grill or nonstick pan over high heat. Sear tofu on each side until browned and heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
This was pretty tasty. Very easy to put together and make. Thank you for sharing!
This was very easy to make. I only used 1/2 cup of chili sauce and left everything else the same. I heated the remaining sauce in the pan after I had browned the tofu and served it over the tofu. I omitted the salt and used lemon juice. Thanks for the recipe.