Grilled Tofu With Peanut Sauce
This is fantastic, even without the peanut sauce!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sliced scallion
- Cut tofu into eight ½ inch thick triangles.
- Marinate for one hour in soy sauce, orange juice concentrate and brown sugar.
- Grill or broil until browned.
- Puree veggie broth, peanut buutter, brown sugar and ginger.
- Sprinkle tofu with sliced scallions and serve with the peanut sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent! My tofu was able to marinate for about 2.5 hrs and it turned out to be a nice savory flavor but not salty or sweet or anything like that. . .hard to explain. Then the peanut sauce was WAY too runny for my taste so I added some extra peanut butter and then it got too thick but then I added the extra marinade to the sauce and WOW was it amazing. I did add some red pepper flakes which I totally recommend. We used it on some grilled cabbage as well which was great. Tomorrow I am going to serve it with noodles and some broccoli. YUM and EASY
This was so delish! My parents and I all like it. I'm not a huge fan of peanut/ginger sauces, so I preferred it without the sauce. I generally marinate as long as possibe- this one got about 6 hours and the taste was great. I doubled the marinade and used what was leftover, while the tofu grilled, to saute some green beans, which were every bit as tasty as the tofu itself! Thank you!