Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
When my mom started Weight Watchers (WW) she received a wonderful WW cookbook. This recipe is from the "Turn Around Program Cookbook." This is 4 servings and each serving is 3 points. Instead of a Serrano chilie I use a jalapeno, and in place of the mint I use cilantro, and replace the ginger with garlic, just for my own taste. But I wanted to post this the way it was written.
- 3⁄4 lb flank steak, fat trimmed off
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Grill steak until it has an internal temperature of 145°F for medium-rare.
- Let steak stand for 5 minute before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Place 1/4 cup carrot,soy sauce, water, lime juice, ginger, and chilie in a food processor and process until carrots and chilie are very finely minced.
- Mix together remaining carrots, steak, lettuce, cucumber, bell pepper, mint and onion.
- Add processed dressing and serve.
This was simply fantastic! I followed the instructions fairly accurately, didn't get too creative - and the results were very pleasing. The spicy dressing of course just makes the salad perfect. I've made this three times already and plan to make it a staple.