Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- In a marinating container (zip-top plastic bag, bowl, pan, etc...) add and mix well the first 8 ingredients.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Cover container or seal container and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through, turning occasionally--usually 16-18 minutes.
I didn't have any tequila - so I did without. I also didn't do the jalapenos becasuse my kids don't like hot. Still a great dish. Topped with some monterrey jack cheese. Great flavor!
This was very tasty but it lacked a real kick that I was hoping for in the end.
We marinated this 24 hrs, grilled it last night and it was fabulous. We also topped with some crispy chopped bacon and cheese. Excellent and everyone loved it! Thanks for a keeper!