Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a revelation! I made this with sweet potatoe fries on the grill. The Pomegranate sauce is rocking . I dipped everything in it. It probably wouldnt hurt to double the sauce recipe since you can always use it for something. The jalapeno had a very nice smooth bite to this recipe but it was mild enough to make my DD lick her plate. ENJOY!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- Combine juice and jalapenos in a small saucepan.
- Heat over high heat until mixture boils.
- reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mixture reduces to about half its volume.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar, honey,1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Measure out and reserve about 3 tablespoons juice mixture to serve at the table.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, remaining salt and pepper and garlic.
- Brush oil mixture evenly over pork loin.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or allow coals to burn down to white ash.
- Cook pork over direct heat about 17-20 minutes, turning to brown evenly, or until meat thermometer registers 155°for medium doneness.
- Brush generously and frequently with cherry sauce during last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- When pork is done, remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes.
- Slice pork crosswise and arrange on platter.
- Drizzle with reserved sauce.
I can't wait to try this sauce...it looks yummy!