Recipe by Bay Laurel
This is a revelation! I made this with sweet potatoe fries on the grill. The Pomegranate sauce is rocking . I dipped everything in it. It probably wouldnt hurt to double the sauce recipe since you can always use it for something. The jalapeno had a very nice smooth bite to this recipe but it was mild enough to make my DD lick her plate. ENJOY!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. The pork was very tasty, cooked just the way my husband likes it. The sauce was out of this world good. So much flavor, it really made the pork shine. Thank you for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag game.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine juice and jalapenos in a small saucepan.
- Heat over high heat until mixture boils.
- reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mixture reduces to about half its volume.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar, honey,1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Measure out and reserve about 3 tablespoons juice mixture to serve at the table.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, remaining salt and pepper and garlic.
- Brush oil mixture evenly over pork loin.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or allow coals to burn down to white ash.
- Cook pork over direct heat about 17-20 minutes, turning to brown evenly, or until meat thermometer registers 155°for medium doneness.
- Brush generously and frequently with cherry sauce during last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- When pork is done, remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes.
- Slice pork crosswise and arrange on platter.
- Drizzle with reserved sauce.