The grilled corn imparts a wonderful smokey flavor to this salad and red pepper and scallions add great color and crunch! This goes well at any barbeque and may be prepared up to 2 days in advance. From the Down Home with the Neely's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked, silks removed (4-6 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided (or veg. oil)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons scallions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon neely's barbeque seasoning (The Neely's Barbeque Seasoning)
- 1Heat the grill to medium high, or turn on the broiler. Brush the cobs evenly with 2 tbls. oil.
- 2When grill is hot, grill corn for 7 minutes, using tongs to turn the cobs as needed for even cooking, until nicely charred on all sides.
- 3Or you can broil the corn, turning as needed for even browning.
- 4When the corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to strip the kernels from the cob and move them to a large bowl. Add the bell pepper, scallions, and cilantro(or parsley).
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tbls. oil with the lime juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper, and Neely's Barbecue Seasoning.
- 6Pour the dressing over the corn mixture, tossing well to mix thoroughly and taste to adjust seasonings(adding more salt, pepper, or lime juice as desired).
- 7Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
- 9For an extra smoky flavor, grill the scallions until charred and soft, 3-4 minutes total, then finely chop.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: