Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yum! from Cooking Smart for a Healthy Heart.
Make and share this Grilled Summer Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) fennel bulbs, cleaned
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut lengthwise into 2 slices, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 8 basil leaves, slivered
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat grill to high.
- Prepare fennel, cut off stalks with fronds and set aside.
- Peel bulbs and cut vertically into 1/2 inch slices.
- Coat fennel, eggplant, tomatoes, and bell peppers with nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive oil flavoured) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill veggies until tender and evenly browned, about 4 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with orange juice.
- Finely chop 1 tablespoon reserved fennel fronds and mix in small bowl with basil,garlic and orange zest.
- Sprinkle over veggies.
- Serve veggies warm or at room temperature.
Prepared this recipe to serve with your Lime and Ginger Grilled Salmon. The addition of orange juice and orange zest is a nice flavourful touch, Derf. In tandem with Lime and Ginger Grilled Salmon, the two citrus flavours were possitively "SunKist".... Thank you Derf. I have printed this recipe and will take it to Mexico with me in October. Fresh veggies in Mexico are spectacular. Your Grilled Summer Veggies certainly meet the challenge.