Recipe by dale!
A delicious blend of flavours that can be served as an elegant breakfast or dessert or anything!
- 6 small ripe peaches, quartered and pitted
- 6 small ripe plums, quartered and pitted
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread the fruit on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning).
- Using a grill plate (electric or otherwise) lightly grill over a medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until they are just warmed through and grill marks have begun to appear.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Combine the water, liqueur and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the lemon zest and the vanilla extract.
- Remove from the heat and stir to dissolve sugar completely.
- Transfer syrup to a serving bowl and add the grilled fruit.
- Chill the compote at least two hours so that the fruits will absorb the flavor of the syrup.
- Compote may be prepared a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with ice-cream, over cake, pavlova etc, you are only limited by your imagination with how you serve this.
- Also lovely with a drop of rosewater added, if you like the flavour.
- Can be made a day ahead and stored in refridgerator.