A delicious blend of flavours that can be served as an elegant breakfast or dessert or anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thread the fruit on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning).
- 2Using a grill plate (electric or otherwise) lightly grill over a medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until they are just warmed through and grill marks have begun to appear.
- 3Remove from grill and set aside.
- 4Combine the water, liqueur and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 5Stir in the lemon zest and the vanilla extract.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir to dissolve sugar completely.
- 7Transfer syrup to a serving bowl and add the grilled fruit.
- 8Chill the compote at least two hours so that the fruits will absorb the flavor of the syrup.
- 9Compote may be prepared a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator overnight.
- 10Serve with ice-cream, over cake, pavlova etc, you are only limited by your imagination with how you serve this.
- 11Also lovely with a drop of rosewater added, if you like the flavour.
- 12Can be made a day ahead and stored in refridgerator.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Summer Fruit Compote
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: