1/1 Photo of Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms (Vegetarian)
Make these lower fat by using reduced fat sour cream and cream cheese ---to save time and to blend the flavors even more, prepare the filling in advance and chill for 8 hours or overnight --- You may use about 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or oregano in place of fresh, or just omit the herbs completely --- these are *very* good I have made them many times in the past :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed (about 8x3-inch round)
- 8 small firm plum tomatoes (sliced into thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or use finely grated mozzarella cheese)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts (drained, tough leaves removed then coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or use 2 tbsps fresh oregano)
- 1 large green onion (very finely chopped)
- seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a bowl mix all stuffing ingredients together adjusting salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- 2Cover and chill until ready to use if not using right away.
- 3Place the mushroom caps on large baking sheet or platter and brush all over with with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle with tops of the caps lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Using a large spoon or spatula divide/spread the stuffing mixture between the mushroom caps.
- 6Arrange and spread out the tomato slices in a "spiral-like" fashion on top of the stuffing.
- 7Carefully brush the tomatoes with olive oil then season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or mozza cheese.
- 8Grill at 250F or medium-low heat for about 7-8 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and the topping is hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g