This is modified from "Saving Dinner" by Leanne Ely, one of our family faves. Of course, all chicken or all beef is yummy, too, and sometimes I use whatever peppers I have on hand.
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 lb chuck steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, oil, garlic, green onion, and ginger in a 1 gallon zipper bag.
- Squish to combine.
- Add meat, peppers, and onion.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, overnight is better.
- Soak bamboo skewers, or use metal ones.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Alternate skewering meat and veggies until all ingredients are used up.
- Place kabobs on grill, turning every two minutes to desired doneness.
- FYI - the peppers and onions will remain crisp tender. If you leave the kabobs on until the veggies are soft, your meat will be way overdone! If you prefer softer grilled veggies, make separate kabobs for meat and veggies so the veggies can cook longer.
- Also, if you want your beef medium rare, make separate kabobs for the beef and the chicken. Be creative!