Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is modified from "Saving Dinner" by Leanne Ely, one of our family faves. Of course, all chicken or all beef is yummy, too, and sometimes I use whatever peppers I have on hand.
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 lb chuck steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, oil, garlic, green onion, and ginger in a 1 gallon zipper bag.
- Squish to combine.
- Add meat, peppers, and onion.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, overnight is better.
- Soak bamboo skewers, or use metal ones.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Alternate skewering meat and veggies until all ingredients are used up.
- Place kabobs on grill, turning every two minutes to desired doneness.
- FYI - the peppers and onions will remain crisp tender. If you leave the kabobs on until the veggies are soft, your meat will be way overdone! If you prefer softer grilled veggies, make separate kabobs for meat and veggies so the veggies can cook longer.
- Also, if you want your beef medium rare, make separate kabobs for the beef and the chicken. Be creative!
We loved it. Thought the marinade was great. I did only beef sirloin cut into chunks and I did the veggies on separate skewers so that I could get medium rare beef and get the veggies just a little charred which is how we like them.
Great marinade for the steak! I made a few alterations just for what we had on hand and it turned out great. I had to substitue burgundy cooking wine for the sherry, and we used boneless pork ribs (cut into cubes) dusted with season salt instead of chicken. For the beef we used bonless beef ribs. Leting the beef marinate in the sauce was just perfect!
Very good. I really liked the flavor of the meat and veggies. Very easy to prepare and the crunchier veggies were a bonus! Thanks for posting! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game.