1/1 Photo of Grilled Steak & Chicken Kabobs
1 hr 15 mins
This is modified from "Saving Dinner" by Leanne Ely, one of our family faves. Of course, all chicken or all beef is yummy, too, and sometimes I use whatever peppers I have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 lb chuck steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1Combine sherry, soy sauce, oil, garlic, green onion, and ginger in a 1 gallon zipper bag.
- 2Squish to combine.
- 3Add meat, peppers, and onion.
- 4Refrigerate at least 1 hour, overnight is better.
- 5Soak bamboo skewers, or use metal ones.
- 6Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- 7Alternate skewering meat and veggies until all ingredients are used up.
- 8Place kabobs on grill, turning every two minutes to desired doneness.
- 9FYI - the peppers and onions will remain crisp tender. If you leave the kabobs on until the veggies are soft, your meat will be way overdone! If you prefer softer grilled veggies, make separate kabobs for meat and veggies so the veggies can cook longer.
- 10Also, if you want your beef medium rare, make separate kabobs for the beef and the chicken. Be creative!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak & Chicken Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 1399.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: