Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A southwest recipe by The National Turkey Federation.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 lb turkey tenderloins or 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; sprinkle one half of mixture over turkey. Note: I increase the spice mixture for the tenderloins.
- In medium, non-stick skillet over olive oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and jalapeno pepper 2 to 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, remaining chili powder mixture. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is heated throughout. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Meanwhile, preheat charcoal grill for direct-heat cooking. Grill tenderloins 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center and meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.
- Allow tenderloins to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve grilled tenderloins with bean/corn mixture with a squeeze lime wedge over each serving.