Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Grilled Spicy Chicken Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 crusty french dinner rolls
- lettuce leaf, if desired (optional)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- To flatten each chicken breast, place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- When grill is heated, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Slice each chicken breast in half crosswise.
- Slice each piece of cheese in half; top each chicken breast piece with slice of cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- In small bowl, mix peach preserves and pepper flakes.
- Slice rolls; place chicken on bottom halves of rolls.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon preserves mixture.
- Add lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Cover with top halves of rolls.