Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This has everything going for it - it's low-calorie, it's fast, and it's delicious. The scallops need to marinate about 30 minutes, which gives you time to rustle up a nice rice pilaf and salad to accompany it. Then throw on the grill and dinner is served!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops (as uniform in size as possible)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 lime (cut into quarters or slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne together in small bowl.
- Thread scallops and tomatoes alternately on 4 skewers.
- Place on platter and drizzle with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate, basting once with marinade, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal for grilling or heat broiler.
- Grill or broil skewers, basting with marinade but not turning, just until scallops are cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Place lime wedge on each skewer and serve.