Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
This has everything going for it - it's low-calorie, it's fast, and it's delicious. The scallops need to marinate about 30 minutes, which gives you time to rustle up a nice rice pilaf and salad to accompany it. Then throw on the grill and dinner is served!
- Whisk lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne together in small bowl.
- Thread scallops and tomatoes alternately on 4 skewers.
- Place on platter and drizzle with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate, basting once with marinade, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal for grilling or heat broiler.
- Grill or broil skewers, basting with marinade but not turning, just until scallops are cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Place lime wedge on each skewer and serve.
Followed this exactly, but the scallops seemed very bland to us. Disappointed. I'm sure with some tweaking it may be better
Easy and very tasty -- great flavor that we both enjoyed. I marinated the scallops in a baggie and skipped the skewers (grilled on foil). Served with roasted yellow and zucchini squash.
Because my husband has a bad reaction to cumin, I substituted paprika; another sweet spice. It was wonderful. Sometime when he is out of town, I'm going to make it with cumin! Oh, and adding whole mushrooms to the skewers is good, too!