Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp Kabobs With Creole Butter recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE CREOLE BUTTER
- 1⁄4 cup smart balance spreadable butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- smart balance omega nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the Smart Balance Spreadable Butter, Creole seasoning, red pepper & paprika.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Place shrimp on skewers. Heat grill to medium heat. When hot, lightly spray with Smart Balance Omega Non-stick Cooking Spray and add shrimp. Grill on both side for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set shrimp aside on platter and brush Creole butter onto the shrimp. Serve immediately.
These shrimp kabobs are delicious, even it they are healthy, with using the smart balance buttery spread. My family loved the flavor of the creole butter on the shrimp. The only changes I made was one: I doubled the recipe and two: I only used 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper, so for me the heat was mild , which is just right. My family does like hot stuff, but I need to eat it also, other than those two changes I made the recipe as written. Made for ZWT9 - The Apron String Travelers for the Holy Trinity Challenge.