Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Grilled Salmon With Tomatoes and Basil Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g salmon fillets, de-boned
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4.92 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet.
- Coat the foil with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and squirt the lemon juice all overs it. Then spread the garlic mixture all over it.
- Sprinkle with about ¾ of the basil.
- Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter.
- Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining basil.
Very good. I made this using swordfish steaks and cooked it in the oven. The garlic really came through. I used fresh picked tomatoes.
This recipe was perfect to use my fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. The salmon tasted so good. DH liked it so much. Thanks Melanie :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
Delicious! And using the foil made clean-up a snap. This would also work great in winter, using the oven. The tomatoes were warmed but not over-cooked. Thanks for this keeper. Made for ZWT8.