Recipe by Barbell Bunny
An aromatic and delicious salmon dish that is pretty easy to throw together and perfect for a romantic dinner or evening of entertainment. This recipe is from Ed on Top Chef, Season 7.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, plumped in water
- olive oil, for sauteing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, saute onions in olive oil. Add diced apple when onions are translucent. Cook for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, saffron, and curry powder. Let everything cook down, then barely cover with milk. Simmer until fruits and vegetables are tender. Transfer to blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Reserve and keep warm.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until browned. Add lemon juice. Add pine nuts, cilantro, and raisins. Keep warm.
- Brush salmon fillets with oil and season with salt on pepper. Grill or bake as desired.
- When done, add lemon sauce on top and serve with cauliflower puree.