Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the New Sonoma Diet. You can use halibut or tuna steaks cut 1" thick. Can be either grilled or broiled.
- 1 lb salmon steak
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and slightly crushed
- Rinse and pat dry the fish then cut into 4 serving size pieces.
- Combine oil and lemon juice then brush both sides of the fish with it.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rub in the garlic and rosemary.
- Grill method-for a charcoal grill-place fish on greased rack over medium hot coals for 8-12 minutes, turn after 4-6 minutes. For gas grill-preheat, then reduce to medium. place fish over heat and grill 8-12 minutes, turning once. You know the fish is ready when a fork will easily flake the top.
- Broiler method- Place fish on a greased broiler pan rack 4 inches from the heat. Broil for 8-12 minutes, turning once, until the fish easily flakes when scraped with a fork.
- Top with capers.