Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A 1995 Better Homes and Gardens winner in the fish and Seafood category. I have not tried this.
Make and share this Grilled Salmon With Jalapeno Butter recipe from Food.com.
- In a blender or food processor, combine gingerroot, garlic, and jalapeno. Process till finely chopped.
- Add cilantro and process till combined.
- Stir this mixture into softened butter.
- Shape butter into a 6" log on a piece of plastic wrap; seal tightly and chill till serving time or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Salt and pepper salmon.
- Place in a well-greased grill basket or on a well-greased grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes for each 1/2" of thickness. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes for each 1/2" of thickness).
- If the fish is thicker than 1 ", turn it halfway through cooking.
- When done, the fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve: place a slice of jalapeno butter atop each piece of fish.
Absolutely wonderful recipe. I ended up baking mine in foil in a 350* oven due to high winds tonight and it turned out excellent. I also dusted the fish with a mixture of dried basil, oregano, garlic and thyme. This is keeper!!
This tasty salmon recipe is so easy to prepare and elegant enough to serve for dinner guests. The butter makes this dish extra special. I had extra jalapeno butter and served it with cornbread muffins. Fantastic! I will be lighting up the grill again to make this dish. Thanks for posting this recipe.