Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, easy and delicious. I got this recipe from a Sweet Bay Supermarket recipe card. The fish is moist and very flavorful and the combo of salmon and broccolini is superb. I have used jarred garlic and Minute Maid frozen lemon juice (thawed). If you can't find broccolini, you can used Broccoli Rabe.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 16 ounces salmon fillets, about 3/4 inches thick
- 3⁄4 lb Broccolini, stems removed, chopped coarsely
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon zest and 1/3 of the garlic.
- Brush mixture on the salmon filets.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to high(400-450 degrees Fahrenheit) .
- Place salmon on grill skin side down.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes without turning or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fish from grill; cover and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet bring 2 cups water to boiling over medium heat.
- Add broccolini;reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer broccolini to large bowl of cold water.
- Discard cooking water from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add shallot and remaining italian seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until shallot is softened.
- Add tomatoes and remaining garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until tomato skins begin to shrivel.
- Return broccolini to skillet.
- Add vinegar and remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Place on serving platter and top with salmon.