Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Jayda at allrecipes.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock, vinegar, orange juice, and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and turns clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the blueberries and chives, and keep warm over low heat.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high-heat.
- Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with blueberry sauce.
Awesome combination and looked great as well! Made all as directed other than I used frozen blueberries that had been defrosted because they're out of season here at the moment.
Very good! It never occured to me to combine salmon and blueberries, but in fact this combination is wonderful. Thanks for posting this recipe!