- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock, vinegar, orange juice, and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and turns clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the blueberries and chives, and keep warm over low heat.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high-heat.
- Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with blueberry sauce.