Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love salmon! Can't wait to try this! (I just found this recipe among a million others that I had cut out of magazines a long time ago!) It says that the glaze can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. All you have to do is warm slightly before using, and can be served with many kinds of grilled or seared fish or meat. I went ahead and doubled the glaze part of the recipe because I like plenty of sauce on my salmon!
- 6 salmon fillets or 6 salmon steaks, 5 to 6 ounces each
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Citrus-Balsamic Glaze: Add balsamic vinegar, wine, lemon juice, brown sugar, and freshly ground black pepper (to taste) to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat until mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Salmon: Remove any bones from the salmon.
- Brush with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon over moderately hot coals on both sides until just cooked through.
- Place on warm plates, drizzle glaze over and serve immediately.