Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (10 ounce) rock lobster tail, thawed
- Split rock tails lengthwise with a large knife.
- Mix seasoning with oil and lemon juice.
- Brush meat side of tail with marinade.
- Pre-heat grill and place rock tails meat side down and grill 5- 6 minutes until well scored.
- Turn over lobster and cook another 6 minutes, brushing often with remaining marinade.
- Lobster is done when it is opaque and firm to the touch.
Easy to throw together and soooo good for shrimp and prawns as well lobster. Since discovering this recipe I will never grill shellfish any other way.
This one is a winner. It was the first time I cooked rock lobster tail, and I must say it was a great success. The seasoning is subtle and does not overpower the lobster meat, which is what I like about it the most. Thank you.
Great simple way to prepare lobster. I thought the amount of olive oil was a bit overboard so only used about two tablespoons for one tail and it tasted great. Also used a few chili flakes to liven things up a bit!