This is a delicious recipe that tastes best if done on the outside grill (but is easily adaptable to the oven and stovetop). It was inspired by a similar recipe of Bobby Flays which I tweaked. Goes great with your favorite outdoor cookout!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs new potatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 lb smoked bacon
- 1 large vidalia onion (or other sweet onion)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat Grill.
- 2Cook new potatoes in boiling water until almost done but still firm; drain and cut in halves; let cool for a few minutes.
- 3Gently toss potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt & pepper.
- 4Grill potatoes cut side down(approximately 3 minutes); turn and grill another 3 minutes.
- 5Place potatoes in large bowl; set aside.
- 6Place a large iron skillet on the grill; add the bacon and cook until done and crisp; remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.When cool, crumble bacon. (Reserve 2 Tablespoons bacon grease in skillet).
- 7Add the onion to the skillet and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes).
- 8Add 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
- 9Pour onion mixture over the potatoes; add crumbled bacon and parsley and gently toss.
- 10Adjust seasonings; sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Red Potato Salad With Blue Cheese Bacon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1560.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g