Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine. The photo just looked awesome...had to post for safe keeping! From the magazine-- "This super-simple recipe turns regular steak into a mouth-watering entree. I like it best with ground ancho chili powder and a little salsa on the side". Recipe submitted by Mary Relyea of Canastota, NY
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium 160 degrees; well done 170 degrees) Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
This steak was very hot, spicy and tasty. Next time I will not use as much chili powder. I will make again.
Can we say pass the steak ? Great recipe and probably a Top 10 for the year !!Made the steaks medium, used some mild salsa, and left out the salt. Loved these and plan in the future to repeat these simple fdlavorful steaks.Served these with Yogurt Tomato Salad#307184.