Recipe by mell_2
I saw this on Licence to Grill on Food Network Canada. We love veal and are always looking for new ways to cook it. I have not yet tried this recipe but if you do please let me know.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This was lovely - I knew it would be because I have used the combo of veal and prosciutto before. The instructions are very clear and easily to follow. Maybe my piece of veal was a bit too flat, it only took 50 minutes until the internal temperature reached 150Â° F. It was perfectly rosÃ©, juicy, tender and flavorful without the prosciutto getting burnt. Only thing I'd change next time is to remove the plastic wrap immediatley when taking out of the fridge, before it reaches room temperature. I had quite a hard time peeliing the wrap from the prosciutto :) Thanks for posting this recipe - if you have not made it yet, I can highly recommend doing it now!
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs veal loin, slightly flattened
- 10 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- dripping, pan
- 2 cups white wine (475ml)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in blender, pour in oil as blending and puree until smooth. In a large sealable bag, add marinade and veal. Refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Remove veal from marinade, lay flat and pat dry. Place the veal on a large piece of plastic wrap, cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Lightly tenderize the veal.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap place slices of proscuitto. Place the unwrapped piece of veal in centre of proscuitto, drizzle with oil and season with pepper. While lifting the plastic wrap gently, encase the veal. Wrap again tightly with more plastic and let it set up in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bring veal to room temperature before grilling. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Place a drip pan under the grill rack and add rosemary and white wine. Prepare grill for indirect heat by heating only one side of the grill to high and close lid.
- Preheat grill to 350ºF/175ºC.
- Place veal on the grill side with no direct heat and grill for one hour, until the internal temperature reads 150ºF on a meat thermometer. Remove from grill and cover with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.