Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This simple supper is ready in less than 20 minutes; combine plain yogurt and orange marmalade for a quick and delicious sauce. From lifestyle.msn.com.
- 4 top loin pork chops, boneless, 3/4-inch-thick
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 44.37 ml orange marmalade
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml cashew halves, roasted and lightly salted, coarsely chopped
- Sprinkle pork lightly with salt and pepper. Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the rack of uncovered grill over medium coals 4 minutes. Turn; add pineapple. Brush chops and pineapple with 2 tablespoons of the marmalade. Grill 3 to 5 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in pork registers 160 degrees F, turning pineapple.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and remaining marmalade. Arrange pineapple and chops on plates. Top with yogurt; sprinkle nuts. Makes 4 servings.
Very simple & tasty pork chops. It isn't quite grilling season where I live so I baked the pork chops in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes and it seemed to work out well. The orange marmalade & pineapple give the pork a nice fruity flavor without being too overbearing. The sauce is good but, not necessary. I'll have to give it a try on the grill next time!! Made this dish for PAC Spring 2009.