Cook1 hr 30 mins
Take 2 frozen orange juice cans, empty, wash and dry. These will be used to mold the polenta into tube shapes that you can then cut into rounds.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the salt and in a steady stream, add the cornmeal, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, until the polenta is smooth and leaves the side of the pan.
- Transfer the hot polenta into a clean empty orange juice cans.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until firm.
- Open the end of the cans with a can opener and shake polenta out or push it out.
- Cut into 1/2" slices.
- Grill or saute polenta rounds in olive oil or butter.
This was so simple to make and tasted so good! Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside! I served 10 Minute Szechuan Chicken over the rounds for a gourmet looking dish! Thanks so much!
This was excellent! I wanted to know how to make polenta, and this recipe was effortless and yummy! I didn't have OJ cans on hand, but used vegetable cans sprayed with Pam, and they worked great. I added a little parmesean cheese to them as well. They turned out great - Thanks!
I've never made polenta before, I always bought the expensive premade version, and I found this recipe to be very easy! I don't buy canned OJ, so I just poured the mix into a small baking dish and cut it into squares. I also didn't use salt, I just used a little vegetable bouillon instead. I will be making this again soon for a casserole recipe. Thanks for sharing!