Recipe by Galley Wench
I recently made my first grilled pizza and was surprised to find that there were no detailed directions on Recipezaar on how to grill using a pizza pan. The bottom will be the first to brown, so watch the pizza carefully as each grill is different. UPDATE: Recently purchased the most innovative pizza grill pan which has a shield that is preheated before placing the pizza on top . . . it's MUST have. See photo to the left!
- 1 (14 inch) prepared pizza crust, Recipe # 236785 or 1 (14 inch) ready-made prepared pizza crust
- 2⁄3 cup pizza sauce, In Search of the Ultimate Spaghetti/Pizza/Pasta Sauce (or your favorite bottled sauce)
- 3 ounces pepperoni or 3 ounces ham or 3 ounces sausage, etc
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE
- green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pizza pan with non-stick spray.
- Pizza pans with small holes work best for this recipe.
- Spread out crust on pan, top with sauce, cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
- When coals are hot, place pizza to outer edge. Keep vents (if you have them) half open.
- Cooking time may vary, usually 12-18 minutes (unless using prebaked crust). You may have to experiment with what times and temperatures work best on your own grill.
- Done when cheese is melted and crust is brown.