Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
PIZZA ON THE GRILL is one of life's great culinary pleasures.This Grilled Pizza is made with mushrooms,red bell peppers and yellow onions and topped with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thick slices
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into thick rounds
- 1 lb raw pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 4 cups of mixed grated mozzarella cheese (mmm ya mon) or 4 cups parmesan cheese (mmm ya mon)
- heat your grill to medium-high.
- put red peppers, mushrooms with juice in a zip lock bag or big bowl add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and salt to your wishes.mix evenly or shake zip lock bag.Use tongs place the vegetables on the grill.now you can add the onion slices brush onion with olive oil. cook only to veggies are soft take off grill and sset to the side.
- Split the dough into 4 pieces. roll dough on a floured surface brush with olive oil.
- Place pizza dough on the grill, oiled side down.Leave the grill open. check crust in about 2-3 minutes. top should still be a little doughy.Take off grill turn crust over and spread olive oil on both sides and garlic over cooked side facing up .Spread pasta sauce over and place vegetables and cover with cheese.Return to grill and close. Let cheese melt evenly and turn brown in spots. remove cool a bit and eat.
Love pizza on the grill and this one was really tasty! I don't care for onions so left them off mine but included them on hubby's; I also used fresh mushrooms instead of jarred. I used charcoal which is tricky but I love the flavor it gives. This made a great pizza - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008