Recipe by threeovens
Try these at your next BBQ. They are good by themselves as dessert or serve over pound cake. They can also be served as a BBQ side dish!
Top Review by Cook4_6
Fantastic! These are simple to make, and taste great all on their own. I served mine with a mascarpone-amaretto mixture on the side and it was a pair made ini heaven. I used fresh pineapple and reserved as much juice as I could during the cutting; although I don't think it was the full amount listed. I also fresh squeezed a small lime and didn't measure the amount; maybe a bit over. I will definitely be making these again.
- 1 (20 ounce) containerfresh cored pineapple
- 1 medium lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice. Place this pineapple juice in a 13 x 9" baking pan. Cut pineapple into 6 sliced rings, about 1/2 inch each.
- Add the following to the pineapple juice in the baking pan: 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; whisk together.
- Place pineapple slices in pan and turn to coat with glaze.
- Grill slices over medium low, indirect heat, for about 3 minutes per side or until slightly charred and hot. Garnish with mint.