Recipe by ellie_
This sounds an interesting salsa for tortilla chips or spooned over shrimp tacos or with grilled pork. Recipe source: local newspaper adapted from Cilantro Secrets
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is good but not enough heat for my family, I had to add in a large jalapeno pepper and increased the garlic, fresh grilled pineapple really makes a difference for this recipe! thanks Ellie!...Kitten:)
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- dried chipotle powder or chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill and oil grill racks.
- Trim the top and bottom of pineapple and then quarter pineapple.
- Cut onion into rings.
- Grill pineapple and onion rings for a few minutes on each side until slightly charred. Allow them to cool and then trim the outer skin and core from pineapple wedges (discarding skin and core).
- Chop pineapple and onion into bite-size pieces.
- In a serving dish or bowl combine pineapple, onion, garlic, lime juice and cilantro. Add salt and chipotle powder to taste.