Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves pineapple, any way you make it. This is one of his new favorite ways to have it when we are cooking outside!
- 1 medium pineapple
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml packed brown sugar
- 0.59 ml curry powder
- 118.29 ml nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 29.58 ml toasted coconut
- Prepare pineapple by removing the tops and the skin.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into six 3/4-inch-thick slices, remove the core.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar and curry powder.
- Grill pineapple slices on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or till heated through, turning once and brushing once or twice with butter mixture.
- Combine yogurt and coconut. To serve, cut pineapple slices in half. Serve warm with yogurt.
This was fantastic. I loved the hint of sweet curry on the pineapple and the yogart-coconut mixture was out of this world FANTASTIC. Thanks for sharing.
A wonderful way to serve pineapple. I used a bit more butter and brown sugar and curry powder to make sure I had plenty to coat the pineapple - which I chopped up and put on skewers. I also added a bit of cayenne to the mix. The yogurt-coconut mixture is heavenly on top of the warm pineapple. Thanks for posting!
very yummy! but i would add more curry, i wasnt sure about the curry at first, seemed like a weird thing to put on pineapple, but wow! it was so good, my whole family liked it ( and ive got picky little ones!! )