Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is out of my cookbook called Low-Crab Magic..it's great served with grilled vegetables...prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Juice lemon; combine juice with oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper and turmeric in large heavy-duty resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Gently kneed ingredients in bag to mix thoroughly; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and gently shake to remove excess.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
We really enjoyed this grilled chicken -- love the freshness of the lemon and the cinnamon really adds a great flavor. So easy to make -- served with rice and a side salad. Will definitely make this grilled chicken again. Made for the "For Your Consideration" tag game, September, 2014.
Made for PRMR! After looking at the ingredients, um usually I do not put cinnamon on chicken. It actually gives it bold flavor and not a cinnamon taste! Thanks for the recipe...