Recipe by Mortadella1985
This pizza is DEADLY, I love the sweet and salty tastes.If you like something a little different this is for you. I got this from a blog called 28 cooks
- 12 inches pre-made prepared pizza crust (or 4 individual pies)
- 4 leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 1 bosc pear
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Cut off roots and dark green leaves of leeks. Cut leeks in half lengthwise and wash thoroughly to remove all grit. Slice into 1/4" thick slices. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add leeks, Italian seasoning, and salt, and cook leeks 6-8 minutes, until tender. Add dry vermouth and cook, stirring constantly, until vermouth has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Slice pear into 1/4" slices, removing core. Toss with lemon juice. Grill either with a grill pan heated over high heat sprayed with cooking spray, or on a gas grill. Grill 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on prepared crust. Spread cooked leeks on crust to within 1" of edge. Layer grilled pears on top, and sprinkle blue cheese as the final layer. Place under broiler for 5-6 minutes, until cheese and crust have started to brown. Serve immediately.