Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a sandwich that my Dh used to make when he was a kid. Crunchy, gooey and sweet, how can you go wrong. If you have a good nonstick skillet you can skip the butter and just brown it in the dry pan.
- 2 slice whole grain bread
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 14.79-29.58 ml jelly or 14.79-29.58 ml jam
- Spread 1 teaspoon margarine on each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side spread peanut butter on one piece and jelly on the other. Put the peanut butter and jelly sides together.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat until warm. Put the sandwich in the pan, butter side down. Cook until golden grown then turn and brown the other side. Enjoy.
Grew up eating these. Mom and Dad would have Grilled Cheese, kids would get Grilled PB&J's. Friends always surprised whenever I mention the idea. Great, warm, lunch alternative.
What a great idea! I know I'll love this, I live for peanut butter and jelly on toast. It's the simple things in life that make me smile :) Thanks for posting!
I made this for lunch today. It was good and something different. I didn't measure the peanut butter, butter or jelly. I used grape jelly as that is what we like on our pb&j sandwiches.