Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This is a great recipe I adapted from Betty Crocker. It tastes even better if they marinate for several hours ahead- a great do ahead to serve with steak
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
These were a great addition to our Father's Day steak. I marinated three onions and refrigerated them for about six hours before grilling. Will definately make them again.
- 4 medium onions
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions, cutting small slice from top of each onion.
- Cut each onion from top into wedges being careful not to cut through to bottom of onion Gently pull wedges apart.
- Mix seasonings together.
- Spray 4 squares of heavy duty aluminum foil with no stick spray large enough to cover onions loosely Sprinkle each onion with seasonings.
- Cover and grill over medium heat about 45 minutes or until tender.