Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Snitched from Michele Scicolone's "A Fresh Taste of Italy".
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices Fontina cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat grill or broiler. Set rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel. (Do not rinse.) Remove stems for other use. Brush mushrooms on both sides with oil. Grill or broil mushrooms, caps toward source of heat, until tender and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn and grill other side.
- Place slice of prosciutto and slice of cheese inside each mushroom cap, folding to fit. Grill or broil 1 minute longer, until cheese is slightly melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Remove stems from mushrooms. Brush mushrooms with olive oil.
- Grill for 5 minutes on both sides. Place a slice of prosciutto and cheese inside each mushroom cap folding the slices to fit. Grill or broil for 1 minute more or until cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.