Snitched from Michele Scicolone's "A Fresh Taste of Italy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or broiler. Set rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source.
- 2Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel. (Do not rinse.) Remove stems for other use. Brush mushrooms on both sides with oil. Grill or broil mushrooms, caps toward source of heat, until tender and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn and grill other side.
- 3Place slice of prosciutto and slice of cheese inside each mushroom cap, folding to fit. Grill or broil 1 minute longer, until cheese is slightly melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- 4Preheat grill or broiler. Remove stems from mushrooms. Brush mushrooms with olive oil.
- 5Grill for 5 minutes on both sides. Place a slice of prosciutto and cheese inside each mushroom cap folding the slices to fit. Grill or broil for 1 minute more or until cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mushrooms With Melted Fontina and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.1
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: