Recipe by TMoney
I have had this recipe for years. I take half the 4lb bag of thighs and save for other use then I throw this marinade right into bag with remaining thighs. Back into freezer it goes. When ready to use I let the whole bag thaw in fridge overnight in the marinade. The following night my chicken is marinaded and ready to go on grill!
Top Review by CIndytc
This was very good...smelled wonderful. I made the marinade and let the chicken marinate in refrigerator all night...I would never let raw chicken sit at room temperature as I think that is unsafe...great marinade though...we loved it..
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I like Grey Poupon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and pour over frozen thighs and put back in freezer, or,.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over thawed chicken and marinate at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Rub your grill grates with oil or nonstick spray before pre-heating as the sugars will cause the chicken to stick.
- Baste and turn chicken every ten minutes till no longer pink in center (grilling time will depend on size of your chicken).
- My family loves to dip so I have boiled the remaining marinade and reduced to 3/4 then served on side. It is strong so it is a matter of choice.